View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

awe - how cute!!! Great look!!
My son has 2 pitbulls in the same house as my 2 grandsons. They have had them since they were 8 weeks old so they know what kind of enviroment they have been subjected to. These dogs are great with the boys (9 months, and 5 years) - not to say it doesn't make me a bit nervous. They stay in a fenced in yard and their neighbor has a little chihuhauha that comes to the fence and both dogs just lay down on their bellies to go nose to nose with it (through the fence of course). But the Pits have a bad reputation - which unfortunately outweighs any positive that there was about them before people got a hold of them and destroyed them. While I am not a fan - I feel that they didn't just BECOME agressive - bad owners/breeders are to thank for that. ANY large dog can hurt a tiny dog (gosh I have a 20 lb cat that worries me sometimes) - even while playing (a nip, a step or even a sit), so I have chosen to not do play-dates with them. If something were to happen it not only would be devastating if not deadly to my Bridget, but I think there may be a lot of guilt and hard feelings afterwards....and to me it's just not worth taking the chance. It's just my opinion. Good luck I know you'll make the right decision for you and your little one.

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!