View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxciaraxx View Post
everyone's replies have been great thank youso much.

Everytime he has been biting us we have been telling him "no bite" and giving him a chew toy but it jsut does not seem to be working. He is so hyper and when we let him into our living room hi just goes crazy, running around, biting and growling.

When I got home from work yesterday my mum told me she had had enough, Ollie had bitten and ruined our new kitcken units we just had out in. She cleared out our utility room in the kitchen and has put his crate and toys and pads in there, he is now banned from our living room until his behaviour improves.

I think we were giving him the run of the house and he was taking advantage by running around crazy, we weren't showing him who was boss and we weren't making it clear where is space was.

I must admit I did feel a bit guilty that he was in there all alone but when I would go in to visit him he seemed very calm and was letting me hold him and hug and pet him without biting, it was really nice to be able to do that without him chewing me to bits.

Does this seem like the right path to go down?

xx
If that's what is working, you sound like you're on the right path. My pup currently has only 2 rooms in the house to roam: the kitchen and family/dining room. All bedrooms and the living room is off limits until he's older and thoroughly trained. I do think that if you cannot supervise every second, he needs to be in a secured area such as you described, then give him more freedom little by little as you oversee and teach him expected behavior. Good luck

Last edited by Roccosmommy; 05-06-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Roccosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!