View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Cry My home town (Nashville)...under water

I am so heart broken right now. The city I love SO much, and have lovingly called home for half my life (16 years) is under water and I am just stunned. My business has been affected majorly, but I am thankful that my home is safe and my family is all accounted for. Please PLEASE remember our great city in your prayers. If you have not seen the videos and pictures, check out wkrn.com or any of the other Nashville, TN news stations. This is such a terrible tragedy for our city...MANY historic buildings (Grand Ole Opry, Wildhorse Saloon, etc), tourist attractions, SO many businesses gone. Homes floating down the interstate, 18+ confirmed dead. It's all just so sad and the grief and heartbreak in this city is tremendous. Many people without homes AND without jobs....so incredibly sad!

Oh, and the Opry Mills Mall where my business is has reported that the Piranha's in the Aquarium Restaurant have gotten out and are swimming around the mall. This place was full of all sorts of exotic fish, sharks, etc. They didn't say what else got loose, but this is just amazingly sad. wow!

Please keep us in your prayers. I don't know how long it will take this city to recover...but I know we will bounce back and come back stronger than ever. This is the Volunteer State...and we have that name for a reason. We certainly have some angels in TN!!!

Last edited by pepe mint; 05-05-2010 at 06:03 AM.
pepe mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!