View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Jenna AK
YT Addict

Unhappy Jenna having diarrhea - dental tomorrow

She goes in for her dental first thing tomorrow and I phoned the vet to make sure she should undergo the procedure considering she's had to defecate at least 8 times in the last 24 hours. (We went from constipated to this within a week...the perils of learning a new pets' preferences!) Each time it's been runny and sometimes foamy. Plus she's really started scratching her ears again.

I'd given her some canned pumpkin last night that she licked off my fingers, but that seems to have come through undigested today.
Poor bub was up all night and she looks exhausted (me too, I bet)...vet said to give her boiled rice, unseasoned ground beef and possibly small amounts of yogurt to help firm her up. I thought I'd post here though to see if anyone had other suggestions for helping our little girl get over this bad patch.

BTW, I figure what set this off was trying to introduce a new canned food to her. I'm hoping (recalling how much she's had in the last 48 hours) that she'll be feeling better by tomorrow morning...either way the vet will assess if she's up for the dental at that time.

Can I ask for good thoughts and healing vibes please, for our little Jenna. It seems like we were just getting to see her happier here with us after adopting her two weeks ago, now this. I feel terrible for messing up her care so badly! >.<

Last edited by Jenna AK; 05-04-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Jenna AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!