Thread: Please help!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
bj1
Owned By BJ and Lil Ann
Donating Member

Default Please help!!!

Sorry if this is long. My girl has been sick just for a couple of days last weeks after 3 days she is herself again. Anyways, she has a complete bloodwork which all came back normal. My vet didn't know what could be wrong with her (she has a fever also) So he sent me home with some antibiotics to give to her. I posted before here and some members here told me to get a bile test done on her. So I called the vet and requested that I wanted her to have a bile test. She didn't eat for 12 hrs. to prep for the test etc. Well that was friday. The vet called today and said her test was high 96. He said it wasn't really high but still abnormal. So he wants us to take her to Virginia University hospital for an ultrasound to see if they can see a shunt. My question is, does an ultrasound show a shunt or am I just wasting money, should she be having some other test done to find a shunt? Can anyone recommend me anyone to go to? And what kind of test would show a shunt? Please, Please if anyone can give me any kind of advice or anything please let me know. I really appreicate it. I want to take her somewhere that is experienced with shunts and know what they are doing. I dont' want to put her through any kind of worthless tests. Please help!
bj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!