View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #29
2girls
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblab View Post
Hi everyone! We're flying to Texas at the end of this month for my boyfriend's brother's high school graduation. Zoe will be flying with us (her "fee" roundtrip is the same as one of our roundtrip tickets!) and I'm trying to prepare properly. We'll be flying American Airlines and her "seat" has already been reserved. We've got an Alex Quigy Bo bag so she's all set for the flight. Now on to my question: AA does not require a health certificate. I've tried looking online through the FAA website and as far as I've found they don't say they require a health certificate. I had been planning on getting a health certificate but now I'm not sure if it's needed. Our vet will charge us a total of $75 for a vet visit and health certificate fee. While I want to be prepared I don't want to spend money that just doesn't need to be spent. (Zoe had health problems this year and she's racked over $700 in vet bills so far. I'm trying to cut back wherever I can.) Does anyone have anything that shows a health certificate is required by the FAA?
I have only been asked to present a health certificate 1 out of 20 times. It is a good thing to have incase you need to switch airlines. I'm really shocked your vet is charging $75. I would ask your vet for a updated print out of vaccines your baby had and carry that with you and make sure it includes the rabies vac.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!