View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdb View Post
Hi Nancy, I appreciate and understand your concern. I certainly would hate to see some of the nursing tasks I see advertised as "do it yourself" all over the internet - sometimes people don't understand how dangerous something can be if not done properly... which is why I am still hesitant to do so myself even with my background. I even probably would have become a vet had it not been for my allergies.

Unfortunately I am in Canada so no AKC classes here, I will probably go ahead and get the vet to do these ones. I don't plan on having any more litters from these two. In a couple years I would like to get into seriously breeding Yorkshire terriers for the betterment of the breed. The concept of selectively breeding to produce certain coats and traits intrigues me. I just love the breed so I think at that time I will go ahead and get training to preform the task myself.
Thank you so much, I was afraid you might take my post the wrong way. I didn't notice you were in Canada, but I've heard some great things about the Canadian Kennel Club, and I wonder if they might have similar classes? I really wish you success with Yorkies in the future, you sound like you have all the qualities to make a great breeder!

Join today and remove this ad!