View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdb View Post
Hi Nancy, I appreciate and understand your concern. I certainly would hate to see some of the nursing tasks I see advertised as "do it yourself" all over the internet - sometimes people don't understand how dangerous something can be if not done properly... which is why I am still hesitant to do so myself even with my background. I even probably would have become a vet had it not been for my allergies.

Unfortunately I am in Canada so no AKC classes here, I will probably go ahead and get the vet to do these ones. I don't plan on having any more litters from these two. In a couple years I would like to get into seriously breeding Yorkshire terriers for the betterment of the breed. The concept of selectively breeding to produce certain coats and traits intrigues me. I just love the breed so I think at that time I will go ahead and get training to preform the task myself.
I'm so glad that you are going to take the puppies in to the vet for their dew claws removal. It is just not a good idea to try to wing it and experiment with Youtube videos or other online ideas.

Some of the videos that I have seen on Youtube are a bit much. I remember once watching someone just trim a Yorkies bangs and thought to myself the sheers they were using looked like something I would trim my hedges with! Kind of disturbing!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!