View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
e_gar
Senior Yorkie Talker

Exclamation Is Miloh underweight?

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. Now let me get started, Miloh went to the vet for his 4th DHLPP shot (the vet says he gives 2 extra to make sure they took effect) and as usual routine Miloh was weighed in and had his tempature taken. Once the vet came in to give Miloh his shot, for the first time ever he asked how he was doing (it was shocking to hear that).

After viewing his file and noticing that they had marked him down as weighing 3 pounds (which was a mistake, my baby was 2.1 last visit), he began to tell me that Miloh was underweight since he weighed in at 2.5 on this visit. I began to tell him there had been a mistake and that he gained .4 ounces but I don't know if he didn't listen or didn't care. He told me Miloh was too skinny for his age and suggested I change his food, I have decided not to change foods because he doesn't have a problem with the one he currently eats (Eukanuba).

After listening to his speech about food, he also lectured me on not giving Miloh any treats, not even if I'm training him to do tricks, because they do them no good but harm. My questions are, is Miloh underweight although the breeder said he would weigh approximately 3.5 to 4 pounds? Is it bad of me to give Miloh treats during training or good behavior? All advice is welcome, I just hope I am not harming my little boy. Sorry it's so long, thanks for reading!

Last edited by e_gar; 05-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.
e_gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!