Thread: Bosco Question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
mmkoscel
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Bosco Question

My yorkie bosco is 6 years old and I am worried about him. Two weeks ago we noticed his right leg just went out under him and he would not go up or down and steps. Took him to the vet who felt he was over weight and the legs could not hold him up (3lbs overweight) Put him on weight mgmt food. He also had a yeast infection in both of his ears and gave me drops for 14 days in addition gave me NSAID's 1/2 tab twice a day for pain. Well I started both treatments and noticed that he is best in the morning full of energy and no falling down. and then as day progresses he starts to have a hard time getting up , notice now it may be his left hind leg or his front one. He gets so scared when he falls down I have to pick him up. I initally thought it may have to do with the ear infection ( making him lose his balance) and that is why the NSAID's are working but I just dont know. The vet did no blood work, I read on this site about tick paralysis he was bit when he was a baby but was on antibioitc and I regualry put his flea and tick protection on him. He is eating drinking and passing his stool. I just dont know what the next step should be . Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
mmkoscel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!