View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #31
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieKatesMom View Post
All-

Mary Ellen, Mimi and Baxter's Mom thanks you all for the prayers.

Mimi is unfortunately not doing so well, she has very severe puncture wounds in her chest. We are thankful that none were deep enough to puncture her lungs. I went and saw her tonight and was able to hold her, she is very drugged (for pain). The Vet seems to think she will make it and be able to come home.

Baxter is home and just very scared, he hid behind their bookcase all day and finally came out this evening. He needs a lot of hugs and pets and hopefully he will be back to normal soon.

I did want to mention one thing, Mary Ellen uses Puppia harnesses on both of her dogs and the Vet said that is probably what stopped the wound from hitting Mimi's lungs (they are very padded).

Again thank you all, the prayers are so appreciated.

Cheryl
I hope Mimi does make it. I know you're busy, but thank you for updating us. I really feel sorry for Mary Ellen, as well as Mimi & Baxter. She was just out walking them - an innocent and wonderful thing to do for your lil doggies. I worry that they will both be scared from now on and to me that is such a shame. Please keep us updated how they do. This is a story I think we can all relate to, because it could happen to any of us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!