View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
shodanusmc
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Lol, isn't that the truth? Talking to my youngest son, it's seemed like 90% of his graduating class majored in "communications." You'd think this was a good thing because I've always thought lack of communication caused problems, but I think it's more about persuasive arguing, and most of them are learning to become great "spin doctors." In other words, how to slant a story to benefit themselves – forget about the truth, just manipulate someone.
Who can forget Baghdad Bob talking on a street of Tehran saying that they had beaten the American Dogs and that the city was under Saddams control, and all of a sudden a US Tank goes driving by. Beleive the city fell that day.

Same in Nam. The journalists would report the death of 3 Marines from 1/9 on a certain date, but not mention over 100 enemy dead. Good thing I was young and dumb back then.

The media is giving the current administration every pass in the book. If the old Admin did what is happening now, the front page on your daily paper would be 40 pages deep.
shodanusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!