View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAANGEL View Post
The food is made by a Canadian company and this is the link:
Home

Ava was put on it when she was little as she would get stomach upset very easy so I have left her on it. Maybe it's time to change her to something else.

I found the comment about thyroid interesting so will ask if that was checked.

I describe what happens as a "cramp' as that seemed to decribe it best.
It is like her body just tightens up....maybe tremor is a better word.
I got her to the vet within the hour after that seizure but she had already eaten about 45 minutes before.

She's been to the groomer today and we zipped around the block a few times while we waited for her turn! She moves like a little racehorse when there is something new to smell! Sleeping off her busy day now!

Appreciate hearing the comments. I know that this glycemia thing is supposed to pass as they get out of puppyhood but she is very active, loves to walk, and maybe needs more food than a less active Yorkie.
Will stay in touch! Trying to figure out how to get her picture up now!
hmmm that sounds like a seizure the body gets stiff when a petit mal as my maltese had one from rosemary chicken so i know rosemary can cause this

did they do pre and post bile acid tests as that is real important as like the other poster stated blood work does not always show high alt as my dd had perfect blood work but has mvd so that can be cause for concern as hypoglycemia and liver shunt go together

does she get bladder stones or urinary tract infections ever?

does she ever have symptoms after eating ?
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!