Thread: hypoglemcemia
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
AVAANGEL
YorkieTalk Newbie!

She had extensive bloodwork done last Tuesday after episode and all is clear for liver.
The first two episodes one occurred last summer than about a month ago)involved only these "cramps" and seemed to involve her whole body EXCEPT HER HEAD and she remained bright though fearful looking. That was the first question my vet asked was if she seemed unfocused or out of it in any way.
This third go around it started with this "cramping" and she still wanted to eat ( my vet says they know they need food and will eat if given the chance). The problem seemed to be that in the few minutes it took for the food to metabolize she actually experienced a seizure that lasted about 45 seconds. She was a bit confused after that but spent the day at the vet's for blood work and observation. Took a few days to fully come around but has been pretty much herself the last few days.
She has always had a good breakfast around 7 AM, goes walking when weather permits, some lunch around noon and then the final meal of the day about 5-6 with yet another mile walk when the weather is good.
Every one of these has been after her stomach was upset for some reason and she DID NOT eat that last meal.
She only weighs about 4 pounds and her weight has been pretty consistent for the last two years.
She is up to date with her shots except for her rabies which she was to have last week but the vet thought it better to wait until she was back to herself.
Her main food is MediCal Gastro which lists the contents at a min of 6% protein.
Thank you for your quick reply. I am new here so looking for other threads about this issue.
AVAANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!