View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
valerieam
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies View Post
Thank you!!!

No this stuff must be the first wallpaper to come out...........LOL Its just like paper really. No sheen, very thin. A small bit of overlapping, but its so thin it barely makes a bump.
ANd your right, the chemical doesnt work like warm water on this stuff. I just tried it. Seriously its almost like notebook paper. SHould I scrub it off, cause it wont peel at all?? OR sand paper and try the primer?
Where the seams are overlapped take a single edged razor blade, and run it down the seam, and spread spackle if needed, and lightly sand when it is dry. It would be easier to describe in person. With overlapped seams hold the blade parallel with the floor and let it skim down the seam. I wouldn't waste the time trying to scrub the wallpaper off. It would take you forever, and then you would still need to spackle if you have any drywall damage. Let the walls dry, and when the walls are smooth paint the Kilz to prime them. Remember once you have put the Kilz on it won't be easy to do any sanding, if you missed spots.
valerieam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!