View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
avebo
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Averil

Hi

I live in Hillcrest..suburb of Durban.. South Africa. I would love to join a local site, as well as stay with the international site of Yorkie Talk which I am new too. I'm still trying to find my way around.

I have one little yorkie female called Bo. She is almost 9yrs. Six weeks ago she was diagnosed with SARD..Sudden Acquired Retinol Disorder. Basically she went blind over night. This is such a sad condition. Very similar in symptoms to that of 'Cushings'.

Its been so hard for her to adjust to her 'world of darkness' as she wasn't given a chance to adjust slowly as is with cataracts. For us to watch her bumping into walls and corners has been very distressing.
She was such a lively little dog, full of confidence. Now she has lost her confidence doesn't go out much and appears so sad...

I think as you are only setting up your site..and I wish you luck as I would love to be on it..I will post a message about Bo's condition on Yorkie Talk as there are so many people in the 'know' on this site.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had the same problem and any tips I could pick up in helping little Bo cope.

Good Luck with your new site..I really hope it takes off..looking forward to hearing from you

your's in gorgeous yorkie's..

avebo....
avebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!