Thread: hypoglemcemia
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAANGEL View Post
Hello All:
Ava is nearly three and we have just had a terrifying bout with an actual seizure from hypoglemicia. She is otherwise healthy and loves her dialy walks. It seems that the eposides happen after she has gotten into something ( bunny poop in the yard is what I think) then feels sick and won't eat that last meal of the day. The two previous episodes started early in the morning with what seemed like serious "cramps"that literally took the feet out from under her. She WILL eat and the vet says they know they have to as the blood sugars are dropping off.
I would like to hear from anyone who has been thorugh this or is going through this. She seems off her food again (main food is the gastro from vet as her system never did tolerate much change) so have the Nutrical and Recovery but think now I am trying to overfeed her.

It was very scary and would like to know if anyone has any little tricks or suggestions
has she ever been bile acid tested by the vet to rule out liver shunt/mvd? If so the age of 3 is when epilepsy starts to occur

has she been vaccinated recently?

based on her age i doubt this is hypoglycemia

How much does she weigh

what is she eating and what is the protein percentage

Last edited by dwerten; 04-28-2010 at 09:30 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!