Thread: head trama
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
cubbybear
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default head trama

My 11 month old yorkie was playing this evening in the kitchen and jumped up to grab a toy and fell back and I knocked his head. He yelped when he fell backwards then lay there not moving and staring straight into space. I scooped him up and ran to the emergency vet. The whole way there he did not move a muscle and his tongue hung out of his mouth. I thought he broke his neck and was paralyzed. The vet took him as soon as we got there put him on oxygen and took x-rays. She said he was in critical condition and only time will tell if he is brain damaged. He only slipped while jumping and hit his head. It was on a tile floor (very hard) but he fell maybe from a 3 inch hieght. Could this cause severe brain damage or is it possible he might recover. HE is staying there at least overnight. When we left he was at sitting up but when he tried to walk he was very woozy. I am worried sick because he is our baby and the love of my daughter's life. I don't know what we will do if something happens to him! : (
cubbybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!