View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
YorkieLvr
Yorkie Yakker

Default What are your thoughts on these food products?

Hi All,

I am just curious what everyone thinks of these two products I have been feeding. They get one homecooked meal per day for dinner. We use these patties for breakfast.

They love Stella & Chewy's freeze dried patties. Both yorkies are addicted to the chicken flavor and beef dinner flavor. We swear there is doggie crack in them. It's certified safe raw -pathogen safe. Made with raw, naturally raised beef or chicken plus fruits & vegetables. No grain, added hormones or antibiotics, artificial preservatives, sugar, salt or coloring.
Chewy's Chicken patty ingredients: chicken (ground with bone), chicken liver, chicken gizzard, pumpkin seed, organic cranberries, organic spinach, organic broccoli, organic beets, organic carrots, organic squash, organic apples, organic blueblerries, calcium carbonate, potassium, chloride, direct fed microorganismas (pediococcus acidilactici, lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium longum, enterococcus faecium), magnesium oxide, natural tocopherls, vitamin E supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, vitamin D3 supplement. Product of the USA

My concern with this one product is the protein content? I have been reading so much on these boards about the dangers of too much protein.

The second one that we just tried was Happy Hips by Dogswell Cage free all natural. We started giving this because we have dogs with some joint issues. The one we tried was Duck & Sweet Potato Stew recipe.
Ingredients: chicken broth, duck, chicken liver, chicken, salmon, dried egg product, peas, potato starch, sweet potatoes, dried chicken cartilage, guar gum, natural flavor, sodium phosphate, shrimp meal, cranberries, blueberries, carrots, calcium, canola oil, flaxseed oil, patassium taurine, iron amino acid chelate, vitamin E, zinc, choline, colbate amino acid, copper, magnese, riboflavin, sodium selenite, thiamine A supplement, vitamin B-12, potassium, biotin, vitamin D3.

This is the first try at this one, although they love and have been enjoying the Happy Hips jerky.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get some feedback!

Thanks
YorkieLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!