View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPann View Post
Okay so hear is the dilemma, we currently live in Ohio/Michigan-drive five minutes were in Michigan lol. and I extremely dislike it here haha. I want to move to another place. I of course fell in love with the south this year when I took a trip to Texas and we drove there and the more I saw the more I fell in love with. I loved the swamps and the different scenery and everything. The only problem is the bf hates the heat. He physically can't handle the heat it gets a little hot and he gets headaches and is just a mess. I don't mind the heat my problem is I'm not a huge fan of the cold I'm okay with it for a month or two but then I'm way over it. I know you all live everywhere so I was looking for some advise where do you think would be a good place for us to call home...somewhere that's not here.
My family moved away from me for a year as soon as I turned 18 to Buffalo, NY so being away from them is no big deal. They've already grown away from me, and I them. Don't get me wrong I love them, we just don't need each other we learned to live without. So help me figure out where our home is please because I don't think it's here! Any and All input is so completely appreciated!!!! Thanks!!
I know what you mean about the South, not only the scenery but the people are wonderful. But, the heat is something that is difficult to acclimate to. I lived in Texas for 16 years. The first summer there I lived under an air-conditioning vent. I hated it, I only ventured from my house to my car to my office. Coming from California, where the summer is filled with activity; picnics, beach, bike riding, etc. It was hard for me to take that summers in Texas, nobody went outside. They have a couple of sayings in Texas; if you don't like the weather, stick around it'll change in 5 minutes and Texans say, there are only 2 Seasons in Texas, Christmas and Summer.

It's not heat in the south that makes it almost unbearable but, the humidity. And then you have to contend with the high utility bills. The air conditioner operates 24 hours a day......it never cools down at night below 80 degrees. Oh and then there are the bugs, lots of them.....mosquitoes are everywhere and bugs I had never seen in my life. Oh! and fire ants.....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!