View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Squirrel obsession!

There are a couple of squirrels that have been hanging around our deck, getting into the bird feeder. To deter them from the feeder, my husband started putting peanuts out for them. My Gracie has always loved to watch squirrels, but it used to be just a few minutes at a time. Now, she won’t hardly leave the doors that go to our deck, except to attend to bodily functions and take short naps. She starts at 5 am when I get up watching and waiting for that squirrel to come. Last night, I watched and discovered that one of the squirrels is taunting her, a game like “you can’t get me, na na na na na”. It got out of hand when Gracie started jumping against the patio door trying to get the squirrel. I finally had to lock her in the living room with us last night to be able to spend some time with her. Other than not feeding the squirrel and limiting her squirrel watching time, do you have any suggestions to stop this behavior? Has anyone else dealt with obsessive Yorkie behavior and if so, how did you deal with it?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!