View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLila View Post
Hey all,

Does anyone know an orthopedic vet in the NYC/westchester area?

On thursday night I had to rush Lila to the vet because her legs were hurting her. When I got home Thurs night, as usual she jumped up to greet me. She ony jumped up once and fell screaming! She started to shake badly out of fear. She then followed me to my room, and again jumped up to me and fell screaming. This time, she peed on herself. I ran to the vet and they did x-rays, lyme titers, cbc, bmp which were all normal. They gave her rimadyl which is helping. She is walking alittle bit now, but I can tell it still hurts because there are times she wont move and her entire body is shaking/shivering. Her hips are hunched over when she does walk. My vet wants me to wait, but I want to take her to an orthopedic vet asap. Please help!

Sessy
if this is an acl tear or rupture your vet is right you wait 2 mos of rest and see if it heals if not then you do surgery as the scar tissue becomes a tendon and surgery is not necessary in 80% of toy breeds. I would see orthopedic and an ortho should tell you the same as two did when my dd hurt her leg and so did our vet but a vet who i had digital xray done with wanted to rush her to surgery. I am glad i did not as a year later dd is fine. Within two months she was fine. I am assuming this is the prob as the xrays would have shown any other issues but an acl tear or rupture i would think ?

Last edited by dwerten; 04-26-2010 at 05:47 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!