View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I had my cat Zoey for 12 yrs before I got Brandi. I kept them apart a few days because Brandi was a rescue and she needed to go to the vet's first for her shots, deworming...you name it she probably had it. However once I introduced them Zoey did take a swat at her. Brandi rolled on her back in kinda of in a submissive position. It was so sad seeing her like that.

After a few days, Zoey was okay. She figured out her escape routes (anyplace up hide) and now they just sort of tolerate each other. The only time when they get into an "argument" is when they both want my attention at the same time. What's really weird is Zoey is stay very playful and I can see she wants to play with Brandi by running up to her, and the take up off running but Brandi just ignores her. I guess being crated for most of her life, Brandi never really learned how to play.....she's getting better. She does play tag with me but that's pretty much it. My cat actually does better with dogs than other cats so for me it worked out.

BTW...dogs are pretty smart when it comes to cats. A couple of swats and they quickly learned to leave them alone.

Last edited by yavenay; 04-26-2010 at 02:57 AM.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!