View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I really think Jackson is a Silky/Yorkie mix. He's got some features that, to me, are sooo Silky, but some of his other features just look more Yorkie. Also had my uncles fiancee had gotten a "Silkshire Terrier" (silky/yorkie) from the pet store () and looked JUST like Jackson!

From reading some personality traits, etc, Jackson seems to fit the description of a Silky pretty well.

Silky Terrier Information, Facts, Pictures, Training and Grooming

Silky:
Lively, spirited, and full of energy, the Silky Terrier is a confident and charming little dog with plenty of character. These are friendly and cheerful dogs, and are very adaptable and intelligent. Training the Silky Terrier shouldn't be too much of a problem, as they are quick to learn and responsive, making them ideal for inexperienced owners as well as the more experienced. These dogs may be small but they have plenty of courage and a curious streak. They are also very keen on digging, which is why a secure and safe area is necessary for him to play and exercise in when he is not on a leash. The Silky Terrier can sometimes be bossy, and needs an owner that will be assertive and firm yet positive. The Silky Terrier thrives on the attention and affection of his owner, and is not the right choice for those with little time for their pets.
Housebreaking the Silky Terrier may prove difficult, and owners should look out for his possessive streak when it comes to his belongings and food. You should socialize your Silky Terrier early on to promote a stable temperament and sociable personality, as some can grow to be suspicious. The Silky Terrier gets along well with children, but is best around older, gentle children as he doesn't take kindly to boisterous kids and being handled roughly. They will get along okay with other pets, but may be quarrelsome with dogs of the same sex. He does have a tendency to chase other animals, even if they are bigger than him. He will bark to announce visitors, and can make an effective watchdog.

Most of these things fit Jackson to a tee, besides the bossy and possessive stuff.

The Silky Terrier originates from Sydney, Australia, and is the result of crossing Australian Terriers with Yorkshire Terriers. They were developed as rat hunters and pets, and the breed was registered with the AKC in 1959.

Whatever he is... he's the best dog I've ever had He's my 1st dog that's solely mine but I had a lot of family dogs growing up, etc. I honestly can't even tell you how many times people ask "Is he a Silky?" when going in pet stores, or parks, etc. I always reply that he was sold to me as a Yorkie, but that sometimes I think he's Silky, lol. He's longer and has the Silky body type.
Attached Thumbnails
Yorkie vs Silky?-img_8759.jpg  

Last edited by Britster; 04-25-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!