View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #12
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadog1 View Post
I would love to live in the south, and I would love to travel around a bit down in those states.

My mom said when I was a little girl like 5 or6, I just all of a sudden one day started talking with a deep southern accent. She said I did it for awhile, constant.. Kinda freaked her out I think..LOL..

I think I am a southerner at heart
I love the Southern Accent. I lived here as a child and then moved up morth for awhile and many of the kids would ask me questions just to get me to talk. Then they would laugh. I learned to get rid of my accent fast. I then moved to Florida for awhile and met and married my hubby and had kids. Then moved back to Georgia. My daughter has a Southern accent now. It did take her awhile.
I do love it here. Winters not so bad (except this year). I am glad the cold is gone. I love my sweet tea and peaches. Most people are pretty nice and will say Hi when they pass and open doors still for you. I said most, but not all people.
Oh, we have a thing here too - when you pass someone driving in the country - you raise up your pointer finger as you pass as a way to say Hay! :-)

Last edited by topknot; 04-25-2010 at 04:14 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!