View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #8
maryeverett1
BANNED!

Animal Smiley 019 Getting educated after the fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
My gut feeling is that you just haven't come across that reputable breeder. A reputable breeder never makes a potential puppy buyer feel as you described. Reputable breeder's first priority is that puppy, 2nd to educate you. They really don't care if they sell you a puppy or not, they just want you to make the right choice. I don't care if a pup is $500.00 or $5,000, it's a big decision and a long term commitment.
Just wanted to say that everything you have posted in this thread makes absolute and perfect sense. I feel really blessed that some how I ended up with 3 healthy dogs and a breeder that although probably not perfect in some respects was a good breeder for me. I hot flash everytime I read one of these threads because I realize I was ignorant and lucky. There seems to be more scams, puppymills, brokers and BYBs than there are caring and knowledgeable breeders like you. All I can do is try and educate myself now in hopes that someday if I ever know of anyone who is looking for a yorkie puppy I will definitively know what to tell them to be looking for! Just want to say a HUGE thank you to mardelin and breeders like her who not only continue swim upstream to be the best breeders they can be in an industry which is full of
crooked people only looking to make a buck but also a huge thank u for your willingness to educate all of us in the process. Without your knowledge a lot of us would continue to go on blindly being ignorant and maybe not end up so lucky the next time around. I am truly grateful to have professionals like you to look up to and learn from! Keep doing what you're doing...we need to know and have the chance to learn so maybe we can pass on your wisdom to someone else someday! :-)
maryeverett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!