View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula-Mae Famous View Post
While anyone should not dwell on a price there is a difference between buying a healthy puppy that isn't show quality for a pet price and buying the same and getting ripped off.
I spoke with one woman who wanted $3500 for a puppy. I just cant justify paying that much for a dog.
If that is the price range the breeder is asking I want to know right off the bat so I can move on. Another was in my price range but wanted my first born child in return. Another wanted to know if i had accepted jesus christ as my personal savior...
I do understand that most breeders care where their puppies are going.

I feel like a beggar. I feel like a little kid asking if I may have a cookie before dinner. I feel like an adult interviewing for a job with an angsty teenage manager who hates their parents.

when some people sell their dogs for the price of cars it is important to know what you are getting yourself into.

In my mind, breeders hold a lot of power, including the power to shut down puppy mills. Perhaps I'm wrong and 1800 to 3500 is reasonable for a pet yorkie...
My gut feeling is that you just haven't come across that reputable breeder. A reputable breeder never makes a potential puppy buyer feel as you described. Reputable breeder's first priority is that puppy, 2nd to educate you. They really don't care if they sell you a puppy or not, they just want you to make the right choice. I don't care if a pup is $500.00 or $5,000, it's a big decision and a long term commitment.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!