View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Lula-Mae Famous
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Hi, I know how you feel, and I wrote this thread http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...kie-puppy.html trying to explain the different prices that breeders charge, and why it's important to only support quality breeders. I see you say you read it but it doesn't seem right, which part? Breeders who show also have pet dogs available, and these are very affordable. I think it's very important to get to know the breeder first and why they are breeding before you dwell on price. While price is a concern to everyone buying a Yorkie, it shouldn't be your first concern, it should be the health of the dog, because an unhealthy dog can really break the bank. Also keep in mind, reputable breeders may have a set price, but are very flexible when it comes to finding the best home for a dog. A reputable breeder here says, "You buy your breeder first, then you buy your puppy."
While anyone should not dwell on a price there is a difference between buying a healthy puppy that isn't show quality for a pet price and buying the same and getting ripped off.
I spoke with one woman who wanted $3500 for a puppy. I just cant justify paying that much for a dog.
If that is the price range the breeder is asking I want to know right off the bat so I can move on. Another was in my price range but wanted my first born child in return. Another wanted to know if i had accepted jesus christ as my personal savior...
I do understand that most breeders care where their puppies are going.

I feel like a beggar. I feel like a little kid asking if I may have a cookie before dinner. I feel like an adult interviewing for a job with an angsty teenage manager who hates their parents.

when some people sell their dogs for the price of cars it is important to know what you are getting yourself into.

In my mind, breeders hold a lot of power, including the power to shut down puppy mills. Perhaps I'm wrong and 1800 to 3500 is reasonable for a pet yorkie...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!