View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Default Finding a breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa View Post
i to say i understand what you are going threw i contacted several breeders hear on yorkietalk when i was looking for a friend for Gatsby and i told them i might not be interested in the litter they had now or maybe even the next litter but i asked them to tell me what they looked for in a home and maybe something there site never said (like we want you to have 2 square feet of yard per pound of dog) so i could pick a breeder to buy my next puppy and no one would not one person ever got back to me
how are you supposed to "buy the breeder first" when they wont talk to you unless you are buying right now
I don't know exactly when you posted your post, but posts can get lost in the shuffle. And I understand your frustration. There is a post on here that I posted, on what a breeder looks for when evaluating homes. The reputable breeder's most important criteria is the welfare of the puppy. You are buying relationship, the breeder will be yours for the rest of that puppy's life and be available to you 7x24. The deal doesn't end when you walk out the door with your puppy.

As far as not talking to you, I don't understand that at all. Since I know a lot of breeders, as well as myself, that will spend countless hours on the phone with people, just educating and developing an initial relationship. It doesn't matter whether we have pups available at that point or not. And most of the time we don't, since most of us have a waiting list.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!