View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #11
Samuel-Samy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieandMiaMom View Post
I know you said you tried yelping like a puppy, but it really works if you use it all the time. Addie was a biter too, but when she would bite me, I would make a high pitched yelp. Since that hasn't been working, do the yelp, get up and ignore her. If she follows you to bite your feet, go where she can't get to you and ignore her for a a minute or so. I'm sorry, but I don't recommend hitting a dog, much less a puppy. You can set a fear imprint on her so that hands coming toward her mean getting hit. Giving her something else to chew on after yelping is also a great idea, as others have said.

I agree about the hitting.. never a hand should be used to threaten the pup as they get scared of the hand and eventually will run away every time they see the hand... if i have to scare Samy off not to do something, I use a chocolate wrapper (just started doing this as it is distinctive and big) and every time I raise it so he sees it, he knows he has done something bad... but he is generally a nice boy so a firm NO works the magic.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!