View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
elenita
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
you need to feed her extra. she needs to have foods high in calcium and protein. I give a half boiled egg and two tablespoons of cottage cheese twice a day. I stand them, on top of the washer while they eat it, so the others don't get it, or put the other one in another room, or outside while she eats.

DO NOT give calcium, supplement while she is pregnant, you can give them to her after she whelps.

How much did she weigh before she was bred.?

Please go to this site and learn all you can to prepare yourself for the whelping.

Dog Breeding and Canine Reproduction by Debbie Jensen. Dog Breeding and Whelping guide for dog breeders.
Yes, i read about the cottage cheese and no calcium supplements. Twice a day I did not know, thanks. She was 15lbs before. My confusion is she tied one time on March 21st, which would make her 4wks 3 days at time of ultrasound. The Vet said she is 5wks 3days. No possibility of any other chances to tie. The calculating is throwing me off. I read she will probaly whelp early because of a large litter. I looked at that website already thank you though..
elenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!