View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvdb View Post
My little girl is due on Sunday, we've been faithfully taking her temp twice a day all week and were convinced we were having puppies within 24 hours when her temp dropped to 99.2 Tuesday evening and was 99.3 Wednesday morning.

To our surprise, on Wednesday evening her temp went back up to 100.3 and we got confused. This morning (thursday it was 100.0) and the rest of the day it has been back down to 99.3

Should we expect puppies in the next 24 hours or not?

I know what a dog in labor looks like - shes not. But she is more clingy than usual, is starfished on the couch (all legs spread on her stomach lol), and likes her bed a LOT more in the past few days which are all signs of a labor soon to come.

Is it true what they say about toy dogs tending to deliver early? Shes actually a papillon not a yorkie (we own a yorkie as well), shes not huge I estimate 2-3 puppies in there. They are very active and we can feel them moving all the time, But I assume it might be more the larger litters that deliver early?
Each girl is different. Some will begin, when her temp drops and stays down for a full 12 - 24 hours. There are other's that their temp never drops and it becomes elevated just as they go into labor.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!