View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
Melcakes
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett View Post
When this stuff happens and mine have had issues like that as puppies- a warm bath bath always did the trick - and they end up feeling better they don't like it any more than we do seeing it -

when it's happened to my 2 in the past they were embarrassed - after I fixed the problem - back to their happy selves

but - if you find she's really constipated call your vet
Thanks. I'll keep the warm bath in mind if it happens again. Zoey did seem embarrassed too! I think the warm water on her butt and the canned pumpkin really helped though. She's perfectly fine today.

Quote:
Sometimes constipation is caused from full anals. They don't want to poop because the full glands makes it hurt to poop so they hold it in too long. The longer they hold it in the body absorbs the moisture from the stool making them constipated.
Interesting! I don't think her anal glands are full though. I do check daily and the area always seems to be okay. I don't feel any "balls" or "lumps" around the area. Is that what I should be looking for? How does one really check for full anals? Zoey did poop about 3 times yesterday (nice solid ones), before this happened, so I don't think it's her anals. I'll have the vet check next week and show me. Zoey has a checkup, but she is all better right now!

Thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. Very helpful.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!