View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #33
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Okay some of the changes we as breeders and pure bred dog enthusiasts could ask for is:

1. Only provisional championships given until each prov CH has submitted breed specific health tests .. such tests as required to be first recommended by the breed specific national clubs to the AKC and then agreed to by the AKC.
2. Any volumne breeders must test for all breed specific issues for the dam/sire and submit those test results to the AKC prior to being able to register their dogs with the AKC, as well as DNA testing on dam/sire.
3.All breeders must submit DNA sampling for their dogs into the database.
4. For working Breeds, one working title must be earned before full CH is given as well as all the health tests as described in number one above.
5. All breeders will show that all pups they wish to permanently register with the AKC will be temperament tested to breed specific requirements.
6. Every breeder of over 50 puppies a year will be inspected annually to conduct a full audit of safe breeding practices, kennel conditions, health procedures, socialization regimes,.

This is only a start
I am going to have to think about some of your suggestions...

I really would love to see AKC get out of the volume breeder business..period and I would love to come up with ideas to help them make more $$$ so their dogs are the premier dogs as they used to be.

I am totally opposed to volume breeders and I am sick of what happens to those animals along with the financial responsibility put on the public (taxes) and rescue organizations.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!