View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Actually it was the breeder's who helped stop AKC with some of their ideasin regards to the mills.

Nothing is black & white as I always say. Spend time on the AKC website under the Board and spent time on The Dog Press to try and wrap your mind around many of these issues.

The commercial breeders are pumping out volume's of dogs and the public needs to know this. While I have gotten upset with poor breeding practices on YT the bigger problem is this. People need to be aware and they need to read and understand.

It is BIG business and I have been carping about this for a long time. You have to follow the money, understand organizations, understand politics and understand the law...not always easy. While it is very difficult to understand this is allowed it is even harder to understand why AKC would go this way to survive. We as the public need to be writing letters etc but first have to understand how it all works.

You cannot make emotional decisions based on this information.. They don't so your complaints will fall on deaf ears. Try to bring solutions even if it is telling them they are tarnishing their brand.

I spend a lot of time on their website because of the legislation that is going on and to understand why happens in their board meetings...It is all there..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!