View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #14
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
This information is in AKC's reports right from their website and I think everyone should belong to Dog Press for information. Dog Press is for breeders but some do really care about animals, and they were very vocal in helping convince AKC to back off some other money makers they have gone after.

American Kennel Club - AKC Board Meeting Minutes
THE DOG PRESS - THE #1 SOURCE FOR UNALIGNED DOG NEWS BY & FOR BREEDERS, EXHIBITORS, JUDGES, HANDLERS, BREED & KENNEL CLUBS & AKC, UKC DOG REGISTRIES

Take the time to get fully informed.

I believe in the beauty of the purebred dog but I will not agree to animals suffering for a few dogs to get into the showring. I do not believe it has to be this way.
This is such an aggravating situation. Most people think AKC is an organization that promotes responsible breeding. By small measure AKC is better than the fake registries. But knowing AKC is in bed with Hunte makes me realize this problem won't get better until the whole truth about AKC is known by all.

I'm guessing puppymills bring in much more $$ than exhibitor/breeders do for AKC. So even show people uniting and trying to change AKC probably wouldn't have an affect. May be it's time for exhibitor/breeders to start their own registry? I wouldn't want to be associated with with puppymills and AKC!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!