View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
ariz4me
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hi,

I know how you feel. I have Bandit. He's five years old and housebreaking has always been a nightmare. We have tried crates, pens, etc. We take him out every four hours and he will come back into the house and pee or poop on the floor. I was worried that there was something physically wrong with him so we took him to the vet to be checked. After many tests, everything came back fine. My vet told me that Yorkies are very difficult to housebreak. I have two other dogs - a golden and an irish setter. Both were housebroken before they were 3 months old. Bandit however, continues to be a mystery. We've even put hardwood floors all on my first floor because he ruined our carpets. He now is beginning to pee on the hardwood floors. Bandit sleeps with us at night. He will jump down from the bed and begin to snort to let us know he needs to go out. He's praised all over the place for this. We just don't know why he's not carrying this over to his waking hours. I've even bought puppy pads, diapers, etc. He chews the puppy pads and the diapers. Is there still hope for him? I love him dearly and would never part with him. We just need to know if we are missing something?

Keep your chin up!

Ariz4me
ariz4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!