View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #72
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Actually, this was quite rare. I talked with Stacy today by phone for a while and she told me that Brandi had only the DH2PP booster shot. It was the 4-in-1 not the 5-in-1 (which contains Leptospirosis).

What happened to Brandi was anaphylactic shock. Her body was just so unable to handle the vaccination. Immediately following the shot, Brandi vomited and lost control of her bowels. Her veins swelled, and the doctors were unable to access all of her veins. She was stabilized temporarily - biding time to get to the ER vet - and despite heroic efforts by the doctors, including CPR for well over 5 minutes, Brandi just let go.

Stacy was told by her regular vet, and the ER vets that they had never seen such a dramatic response - both hospitals were completely miffed by the dramatic and so very rare response Brandi had, but they told her that no matter WHAT shot Brandi would have had, this would have happened.

The 4 other dogs are sad and confused. A pile of sad yorkies lie around, waiting for Brandi. Sapphire, who normally sleeps in a room with Brandi, will join the family tonight in bed, while the little butterfly bed made a couple of years ago by a YT member will be empty as will the hearts of Stacy, her family and many of us who call ourselves her friend.
you can do the parvo and distemper separately but many vets do not carry the separate vaccines I have found luckily ours does. The other thing you can do is titer. It is so hard to know what to do when it comes to these vaccines a double edge sword i say
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!