View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Melcakes
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Primal and HK are both nice brands (I feed Primal); Stella and Chewies is another good one.

I would choose one protein to start from, and see how she does. Maybe try chicken since she does well on this protein and doesn't seem to have allergies to it? Also, if you're going to rotate, remember to always save some novel proteins in case of allergies down the road .
Thank you! I think I'm going to go with Primal since they have more options than HK and a variety of flavors which might be better down the road. When you go to the store to buy the Primal Raw do you bring a cooler with you? Sorry if this is a really silly question. I just want to make sure I'm using safe handling techniques and read that Primal should be immediately stored in your freezer or frozen and/or thaw mealed portions should be refrigerated. Not that the store is 100 miles away or anything. It's 10 miles down the road, but I want to be super safe. I've also read you should incorporate one whole organic egg yolk into your dogs raw food 2x a wk. That kind of scares me though to be honest. Yes for some strange reason it does. I guess since there are elevated levels of Salmonella in eggs. Does anyone feeding Primal incorporate the egg yolk 2 x a week like recommended? Also, when making the transition did you notice any significant different physical appearances with or your dogs and detoxification signs (discharge from the eyes, excess wax in the ears, loss of coat, minor skin rashes and soft, loose stool) and if so how long should this last? Thanks so much again! I can't wait to try pre-made raw on my girl! I'm so excited.

Last edited by Melcakes; 04-21-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Melcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!