View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #161
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally173 View Post
no because she's eating her food; if she wasnt eating at all then i will; i just dont want to give her more meds. for now the food is ok; it's just the itching, licking and the eye boogers (green).
when i talked to him he seems only concerned about the vomiting for now. he doesnt want us to worry about anything else.
i agree with him for now you need to give her intestinal tract time to heal before messing with a food change. This happened to dexter on ultra z/d and i was frustrated but stuck it out for 2 months before making a change and then i made the change to salmon and potato and what a mistake it was as after 30 days he was back in the hospital for vomitting from ibd so sometimes the itching can be better as long as it is not like dd where she is bloodying herself but i do know how frustrating the itching can be so sorry you are going through all this she is a very tough case of ibd sadly have you gotten any insight on the ibd group ? I am on k9kitchen K9Kitchen : dog diets raw cooked allergies disease - you may want to go on there and learn from her as she is a board certified nutritionist from GUELPH university which is a top vet school in canada - i am just trying to learn.

they did dispute the fact of white potato lolll although i have seen all three of my dogs vomit on white potato diet but susan davis feeds white potato to ibd dogs too -- they are not on board with the nightshade family theory between sweet potato and white potato but i still feel strongly having seen it in 3 dogs healthy and unhealthy

the pancreatitis group is good too as many dogs that have ibd have episodes of pancreatitis

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/dogpancreatitis/

Last edited by dwerten; 04-21-2010 at 09:22 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!