View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin4fun View Post
My little Ginger has started having what they are callingComplex Partial Seizures or physcomotor seizures. She will get right on the edge of the bed and start a rapid side to side head movement. She then will jump off the bed and do a tight circle, jump back up on the bed and start the head movement again. This will last for several minutes to 7 plus hours. I have had every possible test they can think of even an MRI of her brain and a total body scan. Countless blook test and cultures and a spinal tap. All Negitive results. This all started shortly after she was spade back in November and ha got progressively worse with time. She is now on Potassium Bromide and Phenobarbatol daily. She still has had two episodes since we started the meds.

Anyone ever deal with these problems? Any Ideas or suggestions? I want to change her diet but not 100% sure what would be best for her. I have spent over $5,000.00 on this in the last 45 days and still no nothing more now than I did before. Please give me some ideas!!
I just recieved my dog watch newsletter from cornell university and it was talking about a new anti-seizure drug that is out called Pregabalin so you may want to ask about this drug as it is being used when the other two are not working properly. I know potassium is the safest, then pheno is used if pb does not keep it under control and then this drug is being used if it the others are not working

Please make sure no ROSEMARY in food , treats, etc as this is known to trigger seizure activity in dogs prone to seizures

so everything has been ruled out neurological so are they pretty much saying this is a form of epilepsy?

I would join this group as they are very familiar with seizure activity and can help with diets as i believe dogs with seizures in regards to epilepsy should not be on grains but check it out as i am sure they can help shed some light on what is going on

k9epileptics : Worldwide Canine Epilepsy Support Group

and you are working with a board certified neurologist correct?

Last edited by dwerten; 04-21-2010 at 08:53 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!