View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
travelin4fun
Yorkie Yakker

Default Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Did she have any problems, even small seizures or low blood sugar issues, before she was spayed?

What are you feeding her?
She had never been sick untill after being spade, that I know of. We got her when she had just turned 4 years. She go spade at 5 years. She is now 6. Right after the proceedure she bacame ill, She had some vomiting and diarrea. She took a course of antibotics and bland diet. That went away but she has never really been herself since then. A week after she had her first suziure. The became progressivley more intense, lasting longer and more often. Never has tested low for sugar levels ao anthing abnormal for that matter.
Now the side effects of the meds have her sedated. They say that will go away as she gets acustomed to the meds. She has gained a little over a pound since being spade last November. We have beed feeding her Eukanuba Yorkie food as that is what she has been eating all her life. I have been looking into changing her food as I know there are better brands of dry food. I just don't know it her diet should be High protein or carbohydrates or what? When you start looking at different brands and ingredients it's all very frustrateing as there are so many choices.
I have been cutting back on her portions in an attempt to get her slimed back down to her normal weight of 4 3/4 lbs.
I have a 93 year old aunt that lives with us, and she thinks she is helping by giving the dog treats, in a effort to win her attention as she has declaired me her number 1 human friend. She follows me everywhere.
I sure would be greatful for any help and advise you can give me. I can't spend much more on this as I am almost broke from all these cost, over $5,000.00, and climbing. I'm am checking on the bile acids.

Last edited by travelin4fun; 04-21-2010 at 08:35 AM.
travelin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!