View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
scentlady
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic49 View Post
thanks for the tips!! i looked up the rescue remedy and it seems pretty good. i'm a big believer in natural remedies. it says to use 4 drops and i'm wondering if that's for a larger dog. she's only 3 lbs, so i want to be mindful of not overdosing her on anything ... what are your thoughts? also, why do you use it a few days prior and not just on the day? do you feel that it works better?
From those that I know that use rescue remedy, they taught me to start a few days ahead to help them be more calm. So I've always started rescue remedy 2 days before travel.. More for Madison my yorkie. Lexie my maltese has always been a calm traveler. I have given Lexie rescue remedy before going to the vet ( 2 days before) it was a noticable difference in how she was acting. Its nice to have her calm vs. drugged. if that makes any sense.
My dog weighs just over 5 lbs and I do the 4 drops in her water and a drop or 2 on her tongue the night before and the morning of. From what others that swear by Rescue Remedy say you cant give to much. Maybe we'll hear what others have to say.

Last edited by scentlady; 04-20-2010 at 06:17 PM.
scentlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!