Thread: New to Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
DustyGirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question New to Yorkies

Hi I'm new to having a Yorkie. Let me give you alittle background on how I got him, before I ask my questions. This little boy was given to me, by a lady that I met at my son's Dr's office. I was reading a puppy/kitten book mto my 5yr old son while we were in the waiting room. When he saw a pop picture he said that he missed Pouchie (our pom that died from a snake bite the week before), I was explaining to him that mommy had to find the perfect puppy for us, when this total stranger, asked if we would like a little yorkie, that she was thinking about giving hers away, and that it was full blooded . She gave me her number and said after I talked to my hubby to let her know if we wanted him. I talked to my husband and to our vet. Our vet said that as soon as we got him to bring him in so he could tell us what was wrong with him, because he didn't beleave that anybody would give a "full blood animal" away. My vet checked him, ran several tests, and did some x-rays. The only thing he found was a healing bite mark on his hip. Other than this he's perfectly healthy, he gets along with our cats, he's house broke, crate trained, and a very calm little dog.
He is steel blue and a golden color, a real sweetie.

Now I have three questions;
1. Is it normal for a yorkie to only eat out of your hand and not out of a bowl?

2. Is it normal for a yorkie to be calm and friendly to cats? The lady said that he had never been around cats.

3. What might be the reason that she gave him away to a perfect stranger? Don't get me wrong I'm glad she did but still it makes me wonder.
DustyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!