View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #42
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula-Mae Famous View Post
I am really really really getting tired of this topic. In fact, its starting to really anger me.
Please note that there are two stickied threads dedicated to this topic in the looking for a yorkie area of this site, where it should be.
Take into consideration that most people who come to this site, come here to acquire information about a breed they have ALREADY purchased. I have seen too many members bash and belittle a first time member over where they have purchased their dog in the last few months.
Where did this hierarchy come from, this elitist attitude? How informed were you prior to getting your own dog?
Puppy mills and backyard breeders exist and it is a sad fact. Should puppies already purchased from an unreputable breeder be drowned in a sack along with the uninformed new owner? It seems to be the message you are putting across.
I went about things the “right” way but that dosnt make me any better, it doesn’t make you any better and it certainly doesn’t make any person any worse for simply not knowing.
As a kid growing up in a city I always thought all dogs came from pet shops. For every breeder in my area there are at least 100 little shops in a mall selling puppies. Google “yorkie”, even “yorkie breeders” and at least 50 people you don’t want to buy a dog from pop up.
So someone made the mistake of purchasing a dog from a breeder that TRICKED them into thinking they were doing the right thing, should we damn that dog and the new owner, especially if coming here in hopes to learn about this breed and how to CARE for it?
If you woke up today and logged on to nag and complain then at least try to find the right place to do so, because if I never read another line about where to purchase a dog and how to do it “the right way” I would die a happy woman. Again, most of the people on this site ALREADY OWN a yorkie.
If your on a mission to educate there are much better places and ways to do it. Common sense would say to target people who have YET to purchase a dog.
Yes, so some of this anger is spilling out from privious posts. Perhaps if this is the only "breeder" "buying" "bought" tread you have read, it might not make sence, I just cant hold it in anymore.
Arg. So freaking done with this conversation.
I’m now off to go drop off some old towels from my hotel to our local animal shelter instead of read piss and vinegar from people that do nothing.
I respect your opinion & I understand your anger & frustration. However, I also need you to understand that I had a hard time posting this thread & thought against it, but needed to...I felt it was the right thing to do.
These girls were neglected in some form. Tooth decay shouldn't happen on a 3 yr old, yet it does happen quite often. One of them has knees so bad, she shouldn't be bred at all.
Now, as previously stated, I need the breeder to get in contact w/my friend so we can hear her side of the story. My friend also needs to let her know the condition of one girl that needs surgery for her knees, just in case she's not aware of it. I don't see how that is possible...her knees popped every time I picked her up, however gently I tried.
Yes, I could have gone through this w/out posting publicly here. I've never had the chance of experiencing something like this personally & sought help & advice from experienced members. They've all been supportive & understanding. I Thank them for that, if that means they're in an 'elite' group, I believe that's their hard work & dedication & they deserve it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!