View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I follow Dr. Dodds - so, no more vaccines for my boys except rabies, as required by law.
So I'm totally new to the idea of not vaccinating after the puppy boosters. How do vets react to this? Do you still take your dogs in for regular check-ups, and if so, how often? Well, I guess you'd get the regular check-up with the rabies shots, huh? I would worry about a vet trying to belittle me or make me feel ignorant if I told them I didn't want the yearly shots but just a check up. I tend to cave under that sort of negative pressure. Our last vet was really awesome, but I never felt like shots were an option with her...as in, it wasn't an option to not give the shots. Though she did prefer to give the rabies and DHP 6 months apart...however, I can't help but wonder if that was more a marketing ploy to get clients to pay for two office visits a year as opposed to one.

Also, if rabies weren't required by law, would you stop giving that shot as well? I ask because I've always wondered about rabies with these little inside dogs. My girl is never, ever outside without me at the other end of her leash because we don't have a fenced in yard. So the chances of her contracting rabies seems awfully far-fetched.
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!