View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Fantastic49
No Longer a Member

Animal Smiley 036 YAAAY!! Going to get her 5/6!! NEED ADVICE!!

OK fellow YT'ers, i found her!!! a woman who has 2 yorkies is rehoming one of her babies with me!!! she lives across the country, so i am going to go get her next month and bring her home with me!!

she's 18 months old, AKC registered and healthy. apparently, when they got her 6 months ago, her family wasn't expecting the "personality plus" they got from this little girl, as her other yorkie and her entire family is very mellow. that being said, they are not meshing too well and they don't seem able to find the time necessary to train her properly. fortunately, their loss is my gain!!

the plan is for me to meet her and we'll go the same day to the vet to get her health certificate and pick up her records. then i'll bring her back with me!!! i know that i will have to book her travel back with the airline.

any suggestions on things i need to do to prepare for her arrival and how i can make her transition as smooth as possible are invited and completely welcome, as i will be a first-time mommy!!

btw, 2 specific questions: 1) i understand that she does not like a leash and pulls away from it, but i do plan to use one on her, so any suggestions as to how best to accomplish that would be great. 2) apparently, they tried to crate train her, but she wasn't having any of it and they gave up. any advice on whether this is necessary at her age and the best way to accomplish it would be appreciated.

and THANKS to all of you that have answered all of my previous questions and educated me (so far) on this awesome breed!!!
Fantastic49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!