View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
*Some details have been left out to protect the new owner...just in case the 'breeder' she adopted her new fur baby from is a member here.*

I've been busy the past few weeks yorkie sitting for a dear friend. She just adopted a Yorkie girl that was used for breeding. She's been bred twice (from what the breeder says) & both those times, had c-sections. She wasn't spayed after her 2nd c-sect. All her pups from the 1st litter died bc of over medication by the vet. 2nd litter, only one out of 4 survived...(not a money maker, so she let her go).
Her teeth were so bad, the worst plague build up I've ever seen. Her knees pop every time I picked her up. She's not house broken. She 'marks' all my fur babies' pee & poo. She paces endlessly back & forth, back & forth, making me dizzy. I believe this is from being in a crate most of her life (24-7).

Surprisingly, her AKC pedigree is filled w/Champions, including some very famous lines, which I won't name.

She got spayed & had her dental cleaning while she was here. She also had an x-ray for her knees. Our vet said she had lots of scar tissues from her past c-sects. One of her knees are a grade 3, going to grade 4 & her other knee is a grade 3. Her knees are out 90% of the time & she'll need surgery. The inner bones are so worn out, she's bow legged. This infuriates me.

Now, this poor girl will have a peaceful happy life w/her new loving family. Many are not so lucky.

If you're looking for a new puppy, please please please do your research. Make sure you get the pup from a reputable breeder. Don't support these unethical 'breeders'. Stop this cycle of abuse.

Jenny, I'd just like to say that the comment about the CH's in her pedigree.

People need to be careful when stating things like that because it all depends on where the CH's are in her pedigree. Plenty of top breeders have been duped by trusting someone only to have them agree to spay/neuter a pup and then didn't/don't. They bred them and and used the CH to sell puppies. So unless the pedigree is entirely made up of top lines - I don't think I'd say a name. JMO
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!