View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
terrymccown
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed Help with Biting

Ok everyone I need help. I have my precious Tadum who is 14 weeks old. She has been really sick and recently doing much better. So needless to say I have been too overprotective and not much on training her. She is currently around 2 pounds and she is so small. My problem is with her biting. She uses hands and arms and toes and feet for teething. She is almost OCD over this. It is very difficult to hold her or pick her up until she is tired because she goes to town on your hands and when you walk across the floor she attacks your feet. I have read things about saying no and making puppy sounds that help her to think there is pain, but nothing works. I have read about spraying with a water bottle, which I have not done, but it is an obsessive behavior. Please help with any suggestions that you may have. She is also needing one more shot before she can begin training classes. I know that I have done wrong but with the sickness and her small size I have let her get by with way too much. I have also tried not reinforcing this behavior. I put her down when she starts chewing on my hands. I have used a balloon that makes loud noises to try and stop her but it is like an obsession! I have had numerous puppies in my lifetime but I have never had one like this. It is like she sits there and waits on the opportunity to grab your hand or for that moment when you walk and she is there to grab that toe. Please help with any suggestions that may help. Oh and I have bought every chew toy on the market, I think, the ones you freeze, the soft ones, the ones that are just for chewing at PetSmart???

Last edited by terrymccown; 04-18-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add more
terrymccown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!