View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
scentlady
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadabug View Post
I know exactly how you feel. My Jada is the same way. She has LP too and our vet wants me to keep her weight around 5 1/2lbs. She can seem to gain just looking at food. She got up to about 7lbs about 6mos ago and it has been hard to get any of it off. I like you have cut her back to the minimum for what her weight should be on the kibble. I do add frozen thawed green beans to her evening meal and that has helped. She is not a big playing dog but she will run from me if I chase her so we run through the house playing everyday and that has helped, she is still around 61/2lbs and I cant seem to get that last pound off of her. I can't cut her food back anymore because she is like your little one licking the bowl after she eats like she is starving. I also only give veggies for treats.
Well michelle, I hope you, like me, can learn from these pro's that we have hear. Since Madison is only 18mos old and Lexie my skinny maltese is 6yr old, I'm having to learn for Madison's sake what I've never had to concern myself with Lexie. But I'm a loving mom and will do right for Madison.
scentlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!